“Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.”~ Marianne Williamson
What Is Forgiveness?
Forgiveness is to release our anger and hurt so that we can experience what is possible for others or ourselves if we make amends. Forgiveness does not mean that we condone the behavior of the offender. Rather it means that we value our healing more than we value the need to be right, even if we are. When we forgive, no matter how difficult, we experience freedom to fulfill our potential. Forgive others, ask for forgiveness and forgive yourself because peace cannot exist without forgiveness.
How Can Practicing Forgiveness Benefit Me?
- You release yourself of the hurt and anger
- You grow personally by replacing fear-based thoughts with love-based ones.
- You can move on and fulfill your potential because you are no longer stuck in the stronghold of negative emotions that takes up mental space and time.
Forgiveness Questions To Ask Yourself
- Who have I not forgiven in my life?
- What is preventing me from forgiving that person?
- Is there someone who I am seeking forgiveness from?