Through the practice of virtues such as courage, forgiveness, gratitude, and kindness in everyday life, Virtues for Life believes you can bring about positive change in your life.
The Heart of Everyday Living is in Virtue
Just as the heart is essential to every breath we take, so is virtue necessary to our living a happy, purposeful and fulfilling life. For example:
- Courage moves us past our fears to achieve what we want.
- Forgiveness heals the pain and suffering from holding on to resentment, the desire for revenge, and anger, as it improves our well-being.
- Gratitude shifts our focus from lack to abundance, increasing our happiness.
- Hope has us believe that anything is possible, so we stay the course.
- Perseverance gives us the will to see it through in spite of fear, discouragement, and opposition.
Amidst the social, economic and environmental challenges our world faces today, Virtues for Life’s vision is to create a global consciousness in the difference the practice of virtues can make in everyday life. Simply put, as we build our character strengths or virtues and better ourselves, we better the world.
To help you cultivate virtue, you’ll find articles about change and growth, happiness, healing and recovery, purpose and passion, and more. We also offer expert interviews and quotes. You can read about inspiring people who emulate a virtue in our Your Stories section.
Most importantly, we have a list of ways that you can practice a virtue. You can choose a virtue to practice to expand its presence in your life.
New to the Site?
If you are new to the site, here are some starting points:
- You can view the virtues list compiled to help you gain knowledge of the virtues.
- Are you looking to develop virtue in your life? You can view all our virtues practices or choose one to focus on from the drop-down under “Practice a Virtue” in the navigation.
- Visit our “What are Virtues?” to find out more about virtues.
- If you’d like to write a guest post, we welcome your ideas.
- Join our mailing list to receive our monthly VIP (Virtues in Practice) e-newsletter, which includes articles from the website, a monthly book giveaway and more. You’ll also receive a free gift on the power of gratitude with sign-up!
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Help us spread the goodness that practicing virtue can bring to life!
Learn about the Founder of Virtues for Life.